Location: Union of Ontario Indians Head Office
Nipissing First Nation, North Bay, ON
The Labour Market Development Department (LMDD) at the Union of Ontario Indians is seeking a post-secondary student to join the LMDD Department for Summer 2017 as a Jr. Administrative Officer. The ideal person will be mature, having the ability to work independently and part of the LMDD team. The Jr. Administrative Officer will report directly to the LMDD Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with reconciliation of financial claims, general ledgers, budgets and supporting documents.
- Assist with the development of systems and forms to support effective office operations.
- Assist with reception and telephone duties as requested
- Assist in organizing meetings including preparation of packages, arranging travel requirements as requested
- Photocopying, faxing, arranging courier services
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Other general office duties as assigned
Qualifications and Eligibility:
- Currently enrolled in a post secondary institution, preferably in a Business Administration program and enrolled to return to school on a full time basis for the 2017/2018 academic year
- Strong research, writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Computer software programs, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong financial administration skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge of and a keen interest in the Anishinabek Nation
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Good organizational skills
- First Nations and Inuit secondary and post-secondary students aged 15 to 30 who are ordinarily residents’ on-reserve or in recognized communities.
- Participants must have been registered as full-time students during the preceding academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
DURATION: June 12, 2017 to September 1, 2017
WAGE: $13.00 per hour – 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday, June 2, 2017 @ 4:30 p.m. (Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.)
Please send your resume with a cover letter and three references to:
Special Projects Coordinator
Union of Ontario Indians
P.O. Box 711, North Bay, ON P1B 8J8
Phone: (705) 497-9127 / 1-877-702-5200 Fax 497-9135
Individuals of First Nation ancestry are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to UOI member First Nation applicants.
Miigwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.