Location: Union of Ontario Indians Head Office
Nipissing First Nation, North Bay, ON
The Restoration of Jurisdiction Department (ROJ) at the Union of Ontario Indians is seeking a college or university student to be a part of a unique experience for the summer of 2017. The successful candidate will support the ROJ team with activities related to advancing the Governance Agreement, and finalizing Ratification activities associated with the Anishinabek Education Agreement. The ideal person will be mature, having the ability to work independently and as part of the ROJ team. The ROJ Office Assistant will report directly to the ROJ Director and assigned supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in activities related to advancing the Governance Agreement.
- Assist in the logistics planning and implementation of activities associated with the Signing Ceremony for the Anishinabek Nation Education Agreement.
- Assist in activities to create and maintain inventory of Data Management in relation to the Education Agreement.
- Maintain effective and efficient filing systems (physical and electronic).
- Prepare office forms, i.e. expense claims, cheque requisitions, etc.
- Other related duties associated to ROJ special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled to return to a post-secondary institution on a full time basis for the 2017-2018 academic year, preferably in a Business Administration or related field.
- Strong organization skills.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of, and a keen interest in, the Anishinabek Nation.
- Knowledge of the self-government processes of the Anishinabek Nation is a definite asset.
- First Nations and Inuit secondary and post-secondary students aged 15 to 30 who are ordinarily residents’ on-reserve or in recognized communities.
- Participants must have been registered as full-time students during the preceding academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
DURATION: June 12, 2017 to September 1, 2017
WAGE: $13.00 per hour – 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday, June 2, 2017 @ 4:30 p.m. (Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.)
Please send your resume with a cover letter and three references to:
Special Projects Coordinator
Union of Ontario Indians
P.O. Box 711, North Bay, ON P1B 8J8
Phone: (705) 497-9127 / 1-877-702-5200 Fax 497-9135
Individuals of First Nation ancestry are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to UOI member First Nation applicants.
Miigwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.