TWO (2) YEAR CONTRACT
To March 31, 2019
(Contract term could be extended pending availability of funding)
Program: Family Well-Being Coordinator
Reports to: Manager Health and Social Services
Wage: Depending on experience, please forward your salary expectation
Hours of Work: Flexible hours Monday to Saturday up to 35 Hours per week e.g. 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. is being considered.
Under the authority of council and the direction of the Manager of Health and Social Services for Programs, the Family Well-Being Worker will ensure the needs of the community children, youth and families are met by activity participating in the development of a Family Well-Being Hub for the Alderville first Nation community. The Family Well-Being Worker will work with the Prevention, NNADAP, Community Health Representative, Healthy Child Development, Wellness Worker and the Community Activator to develop a plan to coordinate all current programs and map a detailed outline for the upcoming two years for the Hub. This position will not be an 8:15 to 4:30 position so applicants may consider this when applying. Many programs currently take place outside work hours during evenings and weekends. The Family Well-Being Worker will establish a work schedule with his/her immediate supervisor, the Manager of Health and Social Services.
Activities may include but not limited to:
- Responsible for Hill top youth facility administration and day to day activities
- Establish a drop-in facility for children, youth and families
- Coordinate cultural activities, ceremonies and practices for the Hub with other staff
- Hold self-esteem groups, bullying, and other positive lifestyle programs
- Coordinate summer pool programs and activities
- Develop and facilitate programs that decrease family violence
- Facilitate March Break activities and other holiday programs
- Develop and establish all other programs which would encourage positive parenting with a Focus on prevention of family violence
- Research and develop a program to bring a Mental Health Counsellor/Psychologist to Alderville on an –on-going basis
Minimum Qualifications; Candidates for this position should have the following requirements:
- Post-Secondary Degree in Social Work, Child Welfare or Prevention
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in First Nations and Prevention
- Counselling experience necessary
- Must have Administrative and Financial Accountability experience
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) an asset
- First Aid /CPR or willing to obtain
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of the history and dynamics of Alderville First Nation an asset
- Must have Valid Glass G driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Must be willing to provide Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Search upon conditional offer
Deadline to apply: Thursday, June 22nd, 2017at 4:00pm (Late applications not accepted).
Applications can be delivered to the reception of the Alderville First Nation main office.
Submissions must include a cover letter, resume along with three work related references and/or letters of reference.
Electronic submissions should be sent as ONE document with YOUR NAME within the file name to email@example.com. Faxed 905-352-3242 delivered or mailed to Alderville First Nation 11696 Second Line Road, P.O. Box 46, Roseneath, ON K0K 2X0 ATTN: Tasha MacLeod marked RE: Healthy Family Well-Being Coordinator
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Chief and Council retain the right to make the final decision on the selection of the successful candidate.