2 positions required – one Grade 1-3 and one Grade 7-8
2017/2018 School Year
Temagami First Nation (TFN) is seeking a Grades 1-3 and a Grades 7-8 Classroom Teacher at the Laura McKenzie Learning Centre (LMLC). The successful incumbent will start late August 2017 for the 2017-2018 School year ending June 30, 2018.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Education degree with 3 years of teaching experience and hold a valid Ontario College of Teachers certification;
- Experience teaching in a First Nation school an asset;
- Teaching experience with varied instructional strategies; and
- Experience with DRA’s, Key Math, CLI, EQAO an asset.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills;
- Must be proficient with the use of computers including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet usage, as well as any relevant educational software;
- Be able to provide a clean Criminal Reference Check (CRC) and a clean Vulnerable Sector (VS) Check, including Pardoned Sex Offender Database (PSOD).
If you possess the skills and knowledge, and want to work for a semi-remote First Nation, where outdoor recreation opportunities are endless, please submit:
A cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position, a current resume outlining your experience relating to the position along with copies of the following CRC, VS and PSOD checks as well as names and phone numbers of three references (one must be current or recent employer).
Application due: Friday July 14, 2017 by 4:00 pm.
Application to: John Hodgson
Temagami First Nation
Bear Island, ON P0H 1C0
All applications received prior to the deadline will be screened for an interview. Only those applicants who will be granted an interview will be contacted.