Hours of work: 35 Hours per week; normal operating hours are:
Monday to Thursday between 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. However must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends for on-call purposes to address pressing urgent issues.
Purpose of Position:
Under the direct supervision of the First Nation Administrator, the Manager of Health and Social Services Programs will be responsible for the general management, including the overall financial management of all matters pertaining to the health and social services department. Provide direction for planning, organizing, and coordination of all health and social services activities, programs and services. Provide leadership, supervision and direction to the health and social services staff in such a manner as to maintain the complete confidentiality in recognition of the privacy entitlements of all members of the community. Carry out administrative functions in a professional manner and maintain a working relationship with the Health and Social Services staff. Liaise with the levels of government as deemed appropriate in upholding the overall goals and objectives. Promote and encourage community awareness and participation in local Health and Social Services Programs.
- Preferred university degree in health, business or human resources administration or a combination of an undergraduate degree with significant management experience;
- Five (5) years’ experience in progressive management responsibility in health or business based on the multi- disciplinary team approach;
- Minimum college or university education in administration or health sciences combined with significant management experience would be considered;
- Previous experience in health services and program delivery of health
- Solid knowledge base and proficiency in program and service development and administration delivery and evaluation.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to provide flexible and competent leadership and supervision for a multi- disciplinary team approach to community
- Commitment to and understanding of community involvement in the development and implementation of programs and
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a flexible and calm
- Must have excellent computer skills for reporting and presentation purposes, and general office equipment knowledge.
- Must have valid class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License and access to reliable
- Criminal Reference check and Vulnerable Sector Search is required if employment is offered at own
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and application of human resource management
- Knowledge of the history and dynamics of Alderville First Nation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to network effectively and productively with the community, community organizations and agencies, health board, government and other agencies outside the community
- Knowledge and application of financial management
- Knowledge of health program planning and prioritizing methods
Planning and Advisory Services
- Provide leadership, supervision and direction to fulltime staff and occasional contract
- Initiate Health and Social Services Team meetings
- Encourage growth of existing programs and services
- Perform administrative functions that ensure personnel policy is being followed and that an appropriate filing system is set
- Consulting with the Chief and Council regarding discussions on annual budgets, planning and the overall operations of the Health and Social Services division;
- Researching and recommending sources of funding for Health and Social Service programs;
- Liaise with Health Canada, First Nations & Inuit Health Branch and other local, provincial and federal agencies in order to utilize the present health delivery system and maintain a mutual awareness of needs, problems and policies;
- Assisting in the preparation of financial budgets and forecasts for fiscal year funding in each program area
1. Persons of Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply and identify themselves in their cover letter
Salary: Based on qualifications (Please be prepared to include your compensation expectations)
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, September 28th, 2017 at 4:00pm (Late applications will not be accepted)
How to apply: Applications can be delivered to the reception area of the Alderville First Nation main office. Submissions must include a cover letter, resume, along with three work-related references and/or letters of reference. Faxed to: (905) 352-3242 or e-mailed to: tmacleod @alderville.ca
Attention: Tasha Macleod
RE: Manager Health & Social Services Position
Alderville First Nation, 11696 Second Line Road, P.O. Box 46, Roseneath, Ontario KOK 2XO
Contact Joanne Smoke or Tasha MacLeod for more info and job description at (905) 352-2011.
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Chief andCouncil retain the right to make the final decision on the selection of the successful candidate.