Since 1977, ONECA has attracted many people from diverse backgrounds who are committed to Native perspectives in education. Moving forward, ONECA continues to support learners under the Native Counsellors Education Training Program (NCTP) with new initiatives planned for our successful Transitions project and for growing need for cultural training embedded within the workshops and training that ONECA currently delivers. Curriculum for these projects is complete for the NCTP program. The curriculum for the remaining projects are under development.
Therefore, we are inviting expressions of interest for teachers/instructors, curriculum writers, guest speakers, traditional teachers, and resource people.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates who demonstrate a high commitment to collaborative community work as ONECA is committed to continue to:
: foster understanding and respect for indigenous people;
: recruit and retain indigenous faculty and staff;
: ensure success of indigenous learners;
: maintain the integration of indigenous cultures, approaches, and perspectives in the curriculum.
Position Start Dates: May, 2018 and beyond
Potential instructor positions and AQ instruction available:
- Instructor: Career and Guidance or Career Theory
- Instructor: Education Systems in Ontario
- Instructor: Sociology of Native Peoples
- Instructor: Indigenous Counselling Techniques
- Instructor: Counselling
- Instructor: Indigenous people in a contemporary context
- Instructor: Indigenous worldviews and perspectives
- Instructor: Instructional and Facilitation Techniques
- Instructor: Indigenous Student Well-being
- Instructor: Indigenous Student Transitions
- Instructor: Instructional and Facilitation techniques
- Instructor: Ethics
- Resources: Traditional Advisors, Elders
- Writers: Curriculum
Candidates can also submit (optional and helpful): a letter of application; current curriculum vitae; transcripts; a sample syllabus for a course taught; a set of evaluations of your teaching from students in college or university courses; and a one-page statement describing your teaching philosophy and pedagogy. CPIC/VSS due upon offer of employment.
The deadline for applications is Friday, December 8, 2017. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. *All ONECA positions are subject to budgetary approval.
- Applicants should submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)- Please call or email for the EOI form.
Further information on courses can be submitted to:
Peggy Monague McGregor, Project Manager
37 A Reserve Road, Box 220
Naughton, Ontario P0M 1M0
705-285-1634 or 705-692-2999
Email: email@example.com – (Subject line: “Expression of Interest- ONECA”)