FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (2 Year Contract)
Does working in the spirit of collaboration, cooperation, and equal partnership interest you? Are you a passionate, ambitious, outgoing, and enthusiastic individual? If so, the North Bay Indian Friendship Centre is looking for you! As the North Bay Urban Aboriginal Strategy Coordinator, you will seek to improve opportunities for North Bay’s Indigenous community through enhanced collaboration with community agencies, governments, and the private sector to support individual success.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide leadership and strategic support to the Community Action Circle
- Implement, monitor, evaluate, and communicate the results of North Bay’s Urban Aboriginal Strategy
- Review and research best practices relevant to the Community Action Circle’s mandate
- Identify and apply for funding opportunities that create programs that improve Indigenous Peoples’ lives
- Ensure funding is wisely spent within an approved annual budget
- Maintain effective communications with Community Action Circle Working Group Members, institutions and the community through websites and communiques
- Proven record in community development and implementation.
- A degree or diploma in related disciplines such as Health, Social Sciences, or Community Development is an asset; Team building skills and experience in working with partners to create effective relationships that enhance capacity to meet community needs
- Experience in proposal writing and successful program development and delivery
- Experience in working with diverse partners to create effective relationships that enhance capacity to meet community needs
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Familiarity with MS Office and Outlook
- Use of a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and appropriate insurance is required
Qualified individuals are encouraged to forward to their cover letter and resume to Kathy Fortin, Executive Director, North Bay Indian Friendship Centre in person or by mail (980 Cassells St., North Bay, ON, P1B 4A8), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 19, 2017. 4:00 pm A copy of the full job description is also available upon request.
We would like to thank all interested individuals; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. While we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, those of Indigenous descent will be given preference.